This guide takes you through the process of creating a bilingual Talent Manager job posting on CharityVillage.
To get started, please ensure you go to www.charityvillage.com and log into your CharityVillage account.
Once you are logged into your account, there are a few different areas on our homepage (highlighted in red) you can select to start the job posting process.
Step 1: Choose type of job posting
You will be given a choice between two types of job postings: CV IQ Talent Manager and CV IQ Talent Predictor. If you would like a more detailed explanation as to what each service offers, please select More Information below each choice.
Once you've made your choice, click Next and you will be brought to the next page: Listing Details.
This tutorial is for a bilingual CV IQ Talent Manager job posting. Click on CV IQ Talent Manager to continue.
Step 2: Listing Details
On this page, you’ll enter the basic information about the position you wish to fill. Mandatory fields are indicated with a red asterisk.
At the top of the Listing Details page is where you select the language you wish to create your listing in. To create a bilingual listing, select Bilingual.
1. Select Bilingual to have your posting appear in both French and English.
2. Select the start date of your job posting. It's very important to check the accuracy of this date since it cannot be edited once the job posting has been submitted.
3. Select the date you wish your job posting to expire. The listing is available on our site for a maximum of 60 days.
4. This next two fields allow you to type the English and French name of your organization. If your organization name does not have a French name, simply type in your organization name again.
The name of your organization can be hidden from the job posting when it's posted on our site. If you choose not to share the employer name, the posting will appear under "a job in the _________ industry" (the blanks will be filled in by the industry chosen for the posting). You can also choose to enter "Employer Confidential" in this field.
5. Please add both the English and French title of the position you are hiring for. Again, please check the accuracy of this title since it cannot be changed once the job posting has been submitted.
6. If you would like to have other colleagues access the Job Manager and the list of applicants, please add their email address(es).
Important Note: Colleague(s) need to have a CharityVillage account to have access to the Job Manager and applicants.
7. Choose the position type from the drop-down menu. For example: Full Time, Part Time, Casual/On Call.
8. Select the career level from the drop-down menu. For example: Entry Level, Experienced (Non-Manager), Manager.
9. Choose the salary or hourly range of the position you are hiring for. (Optional but recommended)
10. Select one Primary Job Category for the position you are hiring. For a Talent Manager posting, the Primary Job Category is informational to the candidates.
(For Talent Predictor job postings, the Primary Job Category determines the psychometric profile used, and as such, it should represent the actual job as closely as possible.)
11. Select up to three secondary categories to further define the position.
12. Select the job location from the drop-down menu. If international, select "international" and add country/city in the "location detail" field. If the position is home based, please select "flexible".
13. Add the city, town or neighbourhood where the job is located. (Optional)
14. Add the postal code. This helps ensure the posting is advertised in the correct geographic region and so should match the location of the job.
Once you are finished filling out the listing details, click Next to proceed.
Step 3: Listing Description
You can copy and paste an existing job ad here or enter a new one from scratch. The first box is for the English version of the job description and the second box is for the French version. Use the formatting buttons at the bottom of the box to format the text and the Preview link to see how it will look to candidates. To attract the best candidates, it is important to use a compelling job description that not only explains what type of applicant you are looking for, but also why these applicants would want to apply for the job. If you are writing a new description, we recommend including sections such as: About the employer, About the role, About the ideal candidate and About the compensation/rewards.
If you have chosen to display the employer name, you are also able to upload a logo that, where possible, will be used in the job posting. Click Upload to add a new logo (you will have the option to crop the image you provide). After uploading the logo you can use the Preview feature again to see how it looks in the posting.
Once you are finished, click Next.
Step 4: Review posting
This page will allow you to preview your listing to make sure everything looks great. If everything looks correct, click Next to go to the shopping cart. If you want to change any part of your listing, just click Review and edit full listing details at the bottom of the page or click the Back button and you can edit as much as you like. If you want to save the listing and submit it later, click Save Draft.
Step 5: Shopping cart
If you’d like to post more than one listing, just click the Add More option from the drop-down menu above the check out button. Otherwise, follow the steps below:
- Double-check the invoice total. Tax will be calculated after you enter your billing information.
- Enter a purchase order number if you need it for your internal tracking. (Optional)
- Click Checkout to go to the payment page.
Step 6: Enter your billing information
In order to process your order, we need to have your contact information, including name, address, email and telephone number. Once you have finished entering this information, please click Next to proceed to payment information.
Step 7: Enter your payment information
If your order is more than $200.00, you will be given the option to pay by credit card or have an invoice sent to you via email. If you choose to pay by credit card, we accept VISA, AMEX and Mastercard.
Step 8: Review your order
If you need to change any contact, billing or payment information, click Change. Once you are satisfied with your information, click Place Order to submit your job posting and payment. That’s all there is to it!
Still have questions? Please contact our Help Desk at 1-800-610-8134 or you can email email@example.com.