This guide takes you through the process of creating a Talent Predictor job posting on CharityVillage.
To get started, please sign into your account at www.charityvillage.com
Once you are logged into your account, there are a few different areas on our homepage (highlighted in red) you can select to start the job posting process.
Step 1: Choose type of job posting
You will be given a choice between two types of job postings: CV IQ Talent Manager and CV IQ Talent Predictor. If you would like a more detailed explanation as to what each service offers, please select More Information under each choice. Once you've made your choice, click Next and you will be brought to the next page: Listing Details.
This tutorial is for a CV IQ Talent Predictor job posting.
Step 2: Listing Details
On this page, you’ll enter the basic information about the position you wish to fill. Mandatory fields are indicated with an asterisk.
1. Choose the language you wish your posting to be published in.
2. Select the start date of your job posting. It is very important to check the accuracy of this date since it cannot be edited once the job posting has been submitted.
3. Select the date you wish your job posting to expire. The listing is available on our site for a maximum of 60 days.
4. This field is mandatory but can be hidden from the job posting when it is posted on CharityVillage. If you choose not to share the employer name, the posting will appear under "a job in the _________ industry" (the blanks will be filled in by the industry chosen for the posting). You can also choose to enter "Employer Confidential" in this field.
5. Add the title of the position you are hiring for.
6. If you would like colleagues to have access to the Job Manager and the list of applicants, please add their email address(es).
Important Note: Colleague(s) need to have a CharityVillage account to have access to the Job Manager and applicants.
7. Choose the position type from the drop-down menu. For example: Full Time, Part Time, Casual/On call.
8. Select the career level from the drop-down menu. For example: Entry Level, Experienced (Non-Manager), Manager.
9. Choose the salary range of the position you are hiring for. (Optional but recommended)
10. Select one primary job category for the position you are hiring. The Primary Category determines the psychometric profile used, and as such, it should represent the actual job as closely as possible. If you are not able to find a category that you feel is close to the role you have available, please contact your local account or territory manager.
11. Select up to three secondary categories to further define the position.
12. Select the job location from the drop-down menu. If international, select "international" and add country/city in the "location detail" field.
13. Add the city, town or neighbourhood where the job is located. (Optional)
14. Add the postal code. This helps ensure the posting is advertised in the correct geographic region and so should match the location of the job.
Once you are finished filling out the listing details, click Next to proceed.
Step 3: Listing Description
You can copy and paste an existing job ad here or enter a new one from scratch. Use the formatting buttons at the bottom of the box to format the text and the Preview link to see how it will look to candidates. To attract the best candidates, it is important to use a compelling job description that not only explains what type of applicant you are looking for, but also why these applicants would want to apply for the job. If you are writing a new description, we recommend including sections such as: About the employer, About the role, About the ideal candidate and About the compensation/rewards.
If you have chosen to display the employer name, you are also able to upload a logo that, where possible, will be used in the job posting. Click Upload to add a new logo (you will have the option to crop the image you provide). After uploading the logo you can use the Preview feature again to see how it looks in the posting.
Step 4: Requirements
The Requirements page allows you to specify the skills, experience and education you are looking for in your ideal candidate. It is split into three sections and in each of these sections you can choose from a pre-populated list of standard entries or enter your own custom requirements.
Eligibility - In this section you’ll specify the true "must-haves" for the role - the skills, experience, qualifications or other pre-requisites to apply. By default, applicants that do not meet all of these minimum requirements will not be shown in your candidate lists. We recommend no more than 2 or 3 eligibility questions in total. The drop-down menu provides a number of standard eligibility questions or you can type a custom question directly in the field. If you enter a custom question you will also need to specify the desired answer (yes or no). Use the green + button to add the eligibility requirement to the list. You can edit and delete previous entries by using the icons to the right of the question box.
Skills & Experience - This is where you’ll specify the minimum level of specific skills and experience the ideal candidate should possess. We generally recommend between 3-8 in total. Pre-populated choices are available via the drop-down menu, but you can also create custom entries. For each entry you create, you’ll need to indicate its overall importance related to the position, as well as the desired minimum years of experience. When you have finished making your choices, click on the green + button to add each requirement to the list. You can edit and delete previous entries by using the icons to the right of each field.
Education & Qualifications - This is where you will specify the education level the role requires. Pre-populated options are available via the drop-down menu, but custom entries can also be made. You can optionally add a field of study for each qualification. In each case you should also specify the importance of the particular qualification. When you have finished making your choices, click on the green + button to add each requirement to the list. You can edit and delete previous entries by using the icons to the right of each field.
Step 5: Work Environment
This page allows you to describe the working environment for the position by dragging the sliders on the page relative to how you would describe the working environment. To get a full description of each option on the scale, just roll your mouse over the text. Don't worry about being too exact on this page, as describing the working environment is somewhat subjective.
Step 6: Review Posting
This page will allow you to preview your listing to make sure everything looks great. If everything looks correct, click Next to go to the shopping cart. If you want to change any part of your listing, just click Review and edit full listing details at the bottom of the page or click the Back button and you can edit as much as you like. If you want to save the listing and submit it later, click Save Draft.
Step 7: Shopping Cart
If you’d like to post more than one listing, just click the Add More option from the drop-down menu above the check out button. Other wise, follow the steps below:
- Double-check the invoice total. Tax will be calculated after you enter your billing information.
- Enter a purchase order number if you need it for your internal tracking. (Optional)
- Click Checkout to go to the payment page.
Step 8: Enter your billing information
In order to process your order, we need to have your contact information, including name, address, email and telephone number. Once you have finished entering this information, please click Next to proceed to payment information.
Step 9: Enter your payment information
If your order is more than $200.00 you will be given the option to pay by credit card or have an invoice sent to you via email. If you choose to pay by credit card, we accept VISA, AMEX and Mastercard.
Step 10: Review your order
If you need to change any contact, billing or payment information, click Change. Once you are satisfied with your information, click Place Order to submit your job posting and payment. That’s all there is to it!