This guide takes you through the process of creating a bilingual Talent Manager job posting on CharityVillage.
To get started, please go to www.charityvillage.com and select Sign In.
If you do not have an account created, simply click Create a Free Account located to the right of Sign In.
Once you are signed into your account, you can choose to select Post a Job from the orange navigation menu at the top of the page, or click Create New Job Listing under the category Job Listings.
Please Note: You can also choose to click the green Post a Job button which will prompt you to sign into your account before creating a job listing.
Step 1: Choose the organization you will be posting on behalf of
Ensure the radial button is selected beside the organization name, then click Next.
If you want to add a different organization that you are posting on behalf of, click Create New Organization.
Please Note: On the Listing Details page, you can choose to keep the organization name confidential and it will not appears on the job posting.
Step 2: Choose type of job posting
You will be given a choice between three types of job postings: CV IQ Talent Manager, CV IQ Talent Predictor and Recruitment Advisor. If you would like a more detailed explanation as to what each service offers, please select More Information below each choice.
For this tutorial, select Talent Manager and then click Next to proceed.
This tutorial is for a CV IQ Bilingual Talent Manager job posting.
Step 3: Listing Details
On this page, you’ll enter the basic information about the position you wish to fill. Mandatory fields are indicated with a red asterisk.
- Select Bilingual to have your posting appear in both French and English.
- Select the start date of your job posting. It's very important to check the accuracy of this date since it cannot be edited once the job posting has been submitted.
- Select the date you wish your job posting to expire. The listing can be available on our site for a maximum of 60 days.
- If you do not want your organization name to be listed on your job posting, click the grey box beside Keep this position confidential. Your posting will say - "a job in the _________ industry" (the blanks will be filled in by the industry chosen for the posting).
- Please add both the English and French title of the position you are hiring for. Please check the accuracy of this title since you cannot edit it once the job posting has been submitted. If you need to make a change to the title after the job posting has been submitted, please contact our Help Desk. The contact information is at the bottom of this tutorial.
- If you would like to have other colleagues access the Job Manager (what stores your applicants in your CharityVillage account) and the list of applicants, please add their email address. Be sure to click Add/Ajoutez after each email you input.
Important Note: Colleague(s) need to have a CharityVillage account to have access to the Job Manager and applicants.
- Choose the position type from the drop-down menu. For example: Full Time, Part Time, Casual/On Call.
- Select the career level from the drop-down menu. For example: Entry Level, Experienced (Non-Manager), Manager.
- Choose the salary or hourly range of the position you are hiring for. (Optional, but highly recommended)
- Select one Primary Job Category for the position you are hiring. For a Talent Manager posting, the Primary Job Category is informational to the candidates.
(For Talent Predictor job postings, the Primary Job Category determines the psychometric profile used, and as such, it should represent the actual job as closely as possible.)
- Select up to three secondary categories to further define the position.
Once you have finished filling in all the required information, click Next/Suivant.
Step 4: Add job location
- Select the Country from the drop down menu
- Select the Province/State if applicable
- Select Region from the drop down menu (Optional)
- Add the city, town or neighbourhood where the job is located (Optional)
- Add the postal code. This helps ensure the posting is advertised in the correct geographic region and so should match the location of the job.
If the position is home-based, please click the grey box at the bottom left of the page beside the wording: This position is home-office based
Once you have finished, click Next/Suivant to proceed.
If you have more that one location for your job listing, please click Yes/Oui. If not, click No/Non to proceed to the next page.
Step 5: Logo
If you have chosen to display the employer name, you are given the option to upload a logo that will appear at the top of your job posting.
First, make sure to type the name of your logo in the Logo Name field and then click the
grey Browse button to choose the logo image from your computer. Once you have chosen the image, click the green Upload Image button.
After uploading your logo, click Next/Suivant.
Step 6: Listing Description
You can copy and paste an existing job ad here or enter a new one from scratch. The first box is for the English version of the job description and the second box is for the French version. Use the formatting buttons at the top of the box to format the text.
To attract the best candidates, it is important to use a compelling job description that not only explains what type of applicant you are looking for, but also why these applicants would want to apply for the job. If you are writing a new description, we recommend including sections such as: About the employer, About the role, About the ideal candidate and About the compensation/rewards.
The Short Job Summary is optional and should only be 1-2 sentences in length (300 characters). This section is a great way to help your job stand out to motivated job seekers who have subscribed to email alerts. You can enter both an English and French version.
Once you have finished filling out the information on this page, click Next/Suivant.
A pop up box will appear to remind you NOT to include your contact information in the job description. All applicants will apply via an orange Apply Now button that will appear at the bottom of your job posting. You will receive an email the following day with instructions on where to find the applicants who've applied and how to review them.
Click Continue to proceed to the next page. If you have added your contact information and need to remove it, please click Cancel.
Step 7: Review posting
This page will allow you to preview your listing. If everything looks correct, click Next/Suivant to go to the shopping cart.
If you want to change any part of your listing, just click the Back button and you can edit as much as you like. If you want to save the listing and submit it later, click Save Draft.
Step 8: Shopping cart
If you’d like to post more than one listing, just click the Add More option from the drop-down menu above the check out button. Otherwise, follow the steps below:
- Double-check the invoice total. Tax will be calculated after you enter your billing information, if this is your first time posting with CharityVillage.
- Enter a purchase order number if you need it for your internal tracking (Optional).
- Have a discount code? Enter it in the Discount Code field and then click Apply. The page will refresh with the new total.
- Click Checkout to continue
Step 9: Enter your billing information
To process your order, we need to have your contact information, including name, address, email and telephone number. Once you have finished entering this information, please click Next to proceed to payment information.
Step 10: Enter your payment information
If your order is more than $200.00, you will be given the option to pay with a credit card (VISA, AMEX and Mastercard) or select to be invoiced.
If you wish to be invoiced, make sure to click the grey radial button beside Invoice at the top left of the page.
Once you're done, click Continue.
Step 11: Review your order
Click Place Order to submit your job posting and payment.
Step 12: Order Confirmation
This page confirms your order has been processed. If you receive an error with payment or have questions about your payment, please contact Grace in our Account Receivables department. Her contact information is at the bottom of your order confirmation page.
Please Note: When you submit your job posting, it first goes into Pending Approval. All CharityVillage Account Managers must review job listings in their territory before pushing them live to our site. This process is in place to ensure all postings are legitimate, formatting and spelling are correct, etc.
Account Managers have 24hrs to approve a listing, but normally they are up within the hour or two unless you post after hours or over the weekend. If this is the case, your listing will be approved the following business day.
Still have questions? Please contact our Help Desk at: 1-800-610-8134 or email: [email protected]