This guide takes you through the process of creating a Talent Manager job posting on CharityVillage.
To get started, please go to www.charityvillage.com and select Sign In.
If you do not have an account created, simply click Create a Free Account located to the right of Sign In.
Once you are signed into your account, you can choose to select Post a Job from the orange navigation menu at the top of the page, or click Create New Job Listing under the category Job Listings.
Please Note: If are not signed into your account, you can click the green Post a Job button which will prompt you to sign into your account before creating a job listing.
This tutorial is for a CV IQ Talent Manager job posting.
Step 1: Choose the organization you will be posting on behalf of OR click "Create New Organization".
Ensure the radial button is selected beside the organization name, then click Next.
If you want to add a different organization that you are posting on behalf of or this is the first time you are posting with CharityVillage, click Create New Organization.
Please Note: On the Listing Details page, you can choose to keep the organization name confidential and it will not appear on the job posting.
Step 2: Choose the type of job posting you wish to use
You will be given a choice between three types of job postings: CV IQ Talent Manager, CV IQ Talent Predictor and Recruitment Advisor. If you would like a more detailed explanation as to what each offers, please select More Information below each choice.
For this tutorial, select CV IQ Talent Manager and then the green Next button at the bottom right of the page.
Step 3: Listing Details
On this page, you will enter the basic information about the position you wish to fill. Mandatory fields are indicated with a red asterisk.
- Choose the language you wish your posting to be published in.
- Select the start date of your job posting. It is very important to check the accuracy of this date since it cannot be edited once the job posting has been submitted.
- Select the date you wish your job posting to expire. The listing can be available on our site for a maximum of 60 days.
- If you would like to hide your organization name from the job posting, click the grey box beside the wording: Keep this position confidential. Your job posting will then say "a job in the _________ industry" (the blanks will be filled in by the industry chosen for the posting).
- Add the title of the position you are hiring for. Please check the accuracy of the title since you cannot edit the title once you have submitted the posting. If you notice a mistake or wish to change the title of the position, please contact our Help Desk. The Help Desk contact information is located at the bottom of this tutorial.
- If you would like to have other colleagues access the Job Manager (what stores the applications in your CharityVillage account) and the list of applicants, please add their email address(es). Make sure to click the grey Add button after inputting each email address. Important Note: Colleague(s) need to have a CharityVillage account to have access to the Job Manager and applicants.
- Choose the position type from the drop-down menu
- Select the career level from the drop-down menu
- Choose the salary range of the position you are hiring for. (Optional, but highly recommended)
- Select one Primary Job Category for the position you are hiring. For a Talent Manager posting, the Primary Job Category is informational to the candidates. (For Talent Predictor postings, the Primary Job Category determines the psychometric profile used, and as such, it should represent the actual job as closely as possible).
- Select up to three secondary categories to further define the position.
Step 4: Job Location
- Select the country from the drop down menu
- Select the Province/State if applicable
- Select Region from the drop down menu (Optional)
- Add the city, town or neighbourhood where the job is located (Optional)
- Add the postal code. This helps ensure the posting is advertised in the correct geographic region and so should match the location of the job.
If the position is home-based, please click the grey box at the bottom left of the page beside the wording: This position is home-office based
Once you are finished filling out the listing details, click Next to proceed.
If you have more that one location for your job listing, please click Yes. If not, click No to proceed to the next page.
Step 5: Adding a Logo
If you have chosen to display the employer name, you are given the option to upload a logo that will appear at the top of your job posting.
First, make sure to type the name of your logo in the Logo Name field, then click the grey Browse button to choose the logo image from your computer. Once you have chosen the image, click the green Upload Image button.
After uploading your logo, click Next.
Step 6: Listing Description
You can copy and paste an existing job ad here or enter a new one from scratch. Use the formatting buttons at the top of the box to format the text.
To attract the best candidates, it is important to use a compelling job description that not only explains what type of applicant you are looking for, but also why these applicants would want to apply for the job. If you are writing a new description, we recommend including sections such as: About the employer, About the role, About the ideal candidate and About the compensation/rewards.
The Short Job Summary is optional and should only be 1-2 sentences in length (maximum of 300 characters). This section is a great way to help your job stand out to motivated job seekers who have subscribed to email alerts.
Once you have finished filling out the information on this page, click Next.
A pop up box will appear to remind you NOT to include your contact information in the job description. All applicants will apply via an orange Apply Now button that will appear at the bottom of your job posting. You will receive an email the following day with instructions on where to find the applicants who've applied and how to review them.
Click Continue if you have not added your contact information. If you have and need to remove it, click Cancel.
Step 7: Job Preview
This page will allow you to preview your listing. If everything looks correct, click Next. If you want to change any part of your listing, just click the green Back button at the bottom of your listing and you can edit as much as you like. If you want to save the listing and submit it later, click Save Draft.
If you're ready to pay for your job listing, please click Next.
Step 8: Shopping cart
If you’d like to post more than one listing, just click the Add More option from the drop-down menu above the check out button. Otherwise, follow the steps below:
- Double-check the the total. Tax will be calculated after you enter your billing information on the next page, if you're paying for the first time on CharityVillage.
- Enter a purchase order number if you need it for your internal tracking (Optional).
- Have a discount or coupon code? Enter it into the Discount Code field and click Apply. This will refresh the page and reflect your new total.
- Click Checkout to go to the billing information page
Step 9: Enter your billing information
To process your order, we need to have your contact information, including name, address, email and telephone number. Once you have finished entering this information, please click Next to proceed to payment information.
If you have existing billing information, please ensure it's correct. If you need to make a correction, click the grey Edit button to make changes. If you would like to add a new billing contact, select Add A New Billing Contact.
Click Continue to go to the payment page.
Step 10: Enter your payment information
If your order is more than $200.00, you will be given the option to pay with a credit card (VISA, AMEX and Mastercard) or select to be invoiced.
If you wish to be invoiced, make sure to click the grey radial button beside Invoice at the top left of the page.
Once you're done, click Continue.
Step 11: Review your order
Review your order details. If correct, click Place Order.
Step 12: Order Confirmation
This page confirms your order has been processed. If you receive an error with payment or have questions about your payment, please contact Grace in our Account Receivables department. Her contact information is at the bottom of your order confirmation page.
Please Note: When you submit your job posting, it first goes into Pending Approval. All CharityVillage Account Managers must review job listings in their territory before pushing them live to our site. This process is in place to ensure all postings are legitimate, formatting and spelling are correct, etc.
Account Managers have 24hrs to approve a listing, but normally they are up within the hour or two unless you post after hours or over the weekend. If this is the case, your listing will be approved the following business day.
Still have questions? Please contact your local Account Manager. Their contact information can be found here.